The 50 Year VISION
The Morecambe Bay Wildlife Network (MBWN) is a broad partnership of organisations working together to deliver a 50-year vision for the area surrounding Morecambe Bay in northwest England.
The MBWN will work in partnership to deliver this vision, to maintain and expand an extensive and well-connected network of healthy habitats around Morecambe Bay that:
- Underpins the growth of a vibrant low carbon economy which supports a diverse range of sustainable rural businesses;
- Allows space for natural systems to adapt to climate change and act as carbon sinks and stores;
- Supports thriving populations of rare species as indicators of high environment quality;
- Provides a range of ecosystem services;
- and is recognised as one of the best places to experience wildlife in the country.
We aim to achieve this vision by working closely with landowners, farmers, communities and businesses to restore, enhance and connect priority habitats around the Bay whilst maximising the economic and social benefits arising from this robust functioning ecological network.